Monday, June 21, 2010

Getting ready......crazy week!

Okay, so I've never set up a blog before but since John's in Orlando til Thursday and will have PLENTY to do when he returns, I figured I'd give it a shot.

Just to fill you in, John and I are headed to Italy this coming Saturday, June 26 - Saturday, July 17, 2010. Generally John & I take a 'big' trip every other year and then, during the years we don't, we stay in the continental U.S. Our last big trip was New Zealand and that's going to be hard to top, but I'm ready!

We both debated as to where to go and part of this trip was, in all honesty, planned around le Tour de France. We wanted to catch a stage live and one with Lance Armstrong in it before he retired.....again. :>) We're avid fans and watch every single year, so we had first decided to go to France. But after a lot of thinking and discussion about the fact that I'd really always wanted to go to Italy, we decided to combine them. Most of our trip will be spent in Italy with a couple of days in France to catch a mountain stage of le Tour.

We've been so heavily involved in our most recent opera - The Ballad of Baby Doe - that this trip kinda snuck up on us. That being said, I've totally immersed myself in the planning.......

Our itinerary is as follows:
Rome
Assisi
Siena
Florence
Venice (cooking class)
Verona
Lake Como
Cinque Terre
France
Geneva, Switzerland
London
Home.......

No comments:

Post a Comment