Thursday, June 24, 2010

Packing.....

Wow, the things you don't realize that you need to do before a trip......I've started packing but feel totally ADD because I keep running from one room to the other packing my backpack for the flight, my "anti-theft purse", my suitcase, etc. To me the hardest part of packing is for the actual flight. I always get cold on long flights so I have to pack enough clothes for layering, and then have shorts and such in my pack for when we arrive and it's 80 some-odd degrees out. I have Clif bars, crackers, and fruit to take with me - John doesn't think we can take food but I always do.....anyone know???? I guess I'll find out.

John's home and already loading up the new GPS with maps from Europe! And playing with the new video camera.......I've already made him a list of things to do tomorrow since he's taking off. I'm sure he's loving that. :>)

CANNOT wait! Tomorrow is Friday and then we'll fly out around noon on Saturday. Have a decently long layover in Chicago and then fly straight to Rome. We arrive Sunday morning around 9:30 a.m. in Rome and will have the rest of the day to kick around.....and stay awake. We'll see how that goes. Lots of coffee!

1 comment:

  1. Christie!!! So glad that I was able to sign on by myself!!! Didn't know it would be hot there too. Glad you all are having a great time. I'll be checking in late tonight or tomorrow!!!
    Loves...
    Robin

    ReplyDelete